1. Decide and be specific on the harvest. I have always said this: if you say, “I want more money”, you are not being specific.
I was ministering to people some time ago in Zaria and I got to one man and asked him what he wanted God to do for him. He said he wanted more money, so I put my hands in my pocket and there was one Naira in there so I brought out the coin, gave it to him and said to him, “There, you have gotten more money. You can go and sit down.” He said, “Reverend, I've got the picture', then he corrected himself.
He said he wanted more money and giving him the extra one Naira coin was more money. His desire had come to pass. If you want more money, how much more do you want? What is the minimum amount that you will be satisfied with? Is it five Naira? That's more money. It could be one thousand Naira, one million Naira, or ten million Naira.
Be specific concerning your desires so you’ll know when it comes. I am specific about what I expect from God. I know when it happens. I get really excited and testify about it. I believe God for something as small as a bottle of coke, and when it comes I rejoice and thank God for my coke because my faith brought it. I didn't lie or cheat to get it; I used the principle of faith.
2. After being specific about the need, begin to call it forth and claim it. I like the phrase 'call it forth.'
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
I like to paraphrase it this way, '… whosoever shall say (call It forth) and shall not doubt in his heart but believes that those things which he saith (calls forth) shall come to pass, he shall have what so ever he saith (called forth).
Call it forth. I mean if it is ten billion dollars you need, call it. The receipt you need to receive it is your faith so, call it and expect it to come. If you believe God for something and your closest friend does not know you are believing for anything, you are not effectively putting your faith to work because faith is not just in the heart, it is on the lips. If you hang around me, you will know I am believing God for things because you will hear me call them. Right now, I'm thinking land. Any where I see the letter 'L' I see land. I have my land in Jesus name. When opportunity comes for you to make your confession, make it.
3. Receive it by faith.
Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
I think one translation says, “Believe it is yours, and it is yours”. 'Believe' means to take. Take it. When you have a specific desire and you call it, the next thing you do is to take it that it is done. Take it as yours. Our harvest is here, our harvest has come, our harvest is now. It is around us. It has always been around us. All we have to do is take it.
Someone told me once that she was so excited about confessing for her expected job that folks were telling her she sounded like she had gotten the job already. I told her, it was hers. It seems like foolishness but it is faith. That's the spirit of faith which God has given us. It's an attitude.
2 Corinthians 4:13 -15
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; (therefore, if you believe, or take, you should be speaking. If you take it that you have the harvest, you should be saying it)
Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
Keep saying what you have taken, for the bible says while we look not on the things which are seen but on the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal. Do not look at the present circumstances. You may not be able to see the harvest physically, but it's yours.
I tell you in the name of Jesus Christ, it is going to come suddenly with speed and it is going to come very easily in the name of Jesus Christ. I have seen it in God's word and I have seen it happen in my days. People's lives just change like that without cheating, lying or defrauding any one. Things just work for them.
4. Bind the devil and anything that is going to hinder your harvest. Never walk on earth with an attitude denying the existence of the devil. People and demons will be laughing at you because the devil is real and demonic forces are real. The good news is that they are defeated and we have authority over them. They will always try to thwart what we are doing and destroy what we are doing. They will gather, but the good news is that we have authority over them in the name of Jesus Christ.
You bind them and command them to desist in their operations; command them to take their hands off what you are doing in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Release holy angels. After you bind the bad demons, you release holy angels. The bible says they are ministering spirits who are here serving us, ministering to those who are the heirs of salvation. They minister not just to us, but for us. They are like errand boys attached to us and we can give them instructions like; “Go, cause the needed money to come now in the name of Jesus Christ” and they will go and do just that. Release ministering spirits.
I always speak to my angels. I say, "Go holy angels and cause the money to come", or "I am going to the airport today and I really need favour to get out of this town so go, holy angels and influence everybody involved in this to bring favour." Let me tell you, the way it happens I know that they are involved.
I just confessed it and had fun watching it come to pass. Release ministering spirits; they are working for us. They are not just there accompanying us, they are there serving us. As I said earlier, they are like our errand boys. We send them to do things and they hearken unto our voice if it carries the word of God.
6. Have an attitude of praise; have a joyful spirit. You see, if I see somebody frowning I know that person is not in faith because faith has joy. I always say that when you walk into the church or into my office, I know whether you are in faith or not. When I minister to people, I do not like to lay hands on people who are frowning. I like to lay hands on people who are joyful and excited. Even when nothing is working, the fig tree is not producing, and the animals are not producing just like Habakkuk said, still rejoice. That is faith. Faith is not moved by feelings.
When bad things happen, you should dance the most, shout the most and rejoice the most in church. Yes that is when something is happening to you. Some people only shout and rejoice when the contract has been signed. You are not in faith that way and that is why you can easily lose it.
7. Walk in forgiveness; forgive, forgive, and forgive. Jesus said in Mark 11:25: …when you stand praying, forgive if you have any ought against your neighbour .. Forgiveness is involved in walking in faith. A lot of times we stop at verse 24, but there is still verse 25. It may be your boss in the office that has sworn that you are moving no further. Forgive him and just keep moving forward. Praise the Lord!